Many people have decided to use videos for SEO purposes, and this is a great idea. While it is still relatively new when compared with more conventional search engine optimization tactics, it is one that is quickly gaining some speed. SEO Companies are starting to recommend the use of video SEO to their clients because they have seen positive results with it. Whether or not video SEO is right for your business is entirely up to you. In general, the more SEO you do, the better your site and or web page will rank.
The first thing that people think of when they hear the phrase “videos on the Internet” is YouTube. YouTube has grown astronomically in the last five years. It is a video hosting website and it has the most video searches out of any website in the world (other than Google, of course). If you want your video to get noticed, you need to have a presence on YouTube. This will definitely help your company develop its brand awareness. Furthermore, you will be able to be shared socially through YouTube, as they have icons that allow you to share easily through social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
While YouTube is a great way to get noticed, you should not limit your presence here. You will also probably want to show your video on your own site, a blog, or through other social media sites. For example, if you are showing a product demo or something like that, it would be really useful to have this right on your site. You can embed a YouTube video straight on to your site. Whether you are doing it on YouTube or through your own site, you still want to ensure you are using the proper keywords and tags in your video, page and title to make sure you’re getting the most out of the SEO possibilities.
Now that we have talked about YouTube, let’s talk about 5 quick ways from SEO Companies to optimize your video for SEO purposes.
- Optimize the Title and description with your keywords
- Keep the page around the video free of other big things like pictures, other videos and slow loading content. You need your video to load fast otherwise people will not wait for it, and search engines will stop sending people to your site.
- Make sure there is good content on the website to give the search engines some context for your video. This helps them rank it better.
- Include your keywords or descriptive words in the URL – do not just leave it as a generic URL.
- Include links to other things in your videos – this is a common practice done by many SEO companies on YouTube already. In fact, you’ve probably already seen a few videos with this done in it.